Join the Kenya Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST), African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC), Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD), RTI International, Twaweza, and the Women Education Researchers of Kenya (WERK), at the Education Evidence for Action Conference on December 2-3, 2015.
The organizing partners believe that the ambitious targets of driving national education interventions; reforming the curriculum; implementing the National Education Sector Plan (NESP); and moving towards inclusive and equitable quality learning demands a sustained conversation of actors and building a community of evidence and practice. The conference will provide a forum for the MoEST to interact at a high level with research findings that can be used to inform decision making in the education sector.
This summit will have the honor of welcoming renowned scholars, policy makers, representatives from donor organizations, and other key stakeholders in the education sector including:
- Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Prof. Jacob Kaimenyi
- Principal Secretary, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Dr. Belio Kipsang
- Acting Director General, Kenya Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat, Prof. Gituro Wainaina
- Chairman, Kenya National Examinations Council, Prof. Kabiru Kinyanjui
The conference will explore the following five sub-themes:
- Education quality
- Equity and inclusion
- Sector governance and accountability (including legal and policy frameworks)
- Curriculum reform
- Soft skills in education (including social competencies, problem-solving, values for national and global citizenship)
We welcome all educators, policy makers, researchers, and other stakeholders to join the conversation to drive research to reality. Space is limited, and registration is required. Register here today.
For more information on the Education Evidence for Action Conference, visit here.